April 6, 2025

According to Paul Brown, potential Toffee purchasers are unlikely to find the new profit and sustainability charge imposed by Everton to be “an issue.”

Although 777 Partners and Farhad Moshiri have already reached an agreement to buy 94.1 percent of Everton, the Miami-based investment firm is still awaiting Premier League clearance, so the transaction might still be vetoed.

Freelance writer Brown says that the changes at Goodison Park haven’t deterred other bidders, even though the second charge and possible additional point deduction could be a roadblock.

Read also; Brendan Rodgers Responds to Transfer Interest in Cameron Carter-Vickers

He stated: “We did reach out to the other group of US investors who are waiting to see how things go at Everton with this takeover and who have expressed interest,” as reported by Give Me Sport on January 23.

“I’m told that the fact that Everton were charged again, and could potentially end up with another points penalty, should not necessarily be an issue in terms of their interest or not. “So I do think that if the 777 Partners takeover collapses, another bidder is likely to emerge.”

Good news

The biggest worry for most Everton supporters recently has been what would happen to their club should 777 Partners’ attempted takeover fall through, as the Toffees aren’t exactly the most attractive club in the world at the moment.

When the Miami-based firm agreed to their deal with Moshiri, there had been no points deduction on Merseyside let alone two charges for allegedly breaching profit and sustainability rules so a lot of goalposts have been moved since the news first broke.

Everton

But it seems as though the Toffees would be able to find a new bidder should 777’s takeover bid fail as the latest charges at Goodison have not changed how investors view the club.

Hopefully, some clarity will emerge on the blue half of Merseyside sooner rather than later as at the moment, it feels as though supporters are being left in the dark.

Read also; Celtic penalty farce shows Rangers ref row ‘playing on officials minds’ as offside debate sees VAR eviscerated

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *