
Alexander Isak has passed a late fitness test and is available for Newcastle United in their return to Premier League action against Burnley (3pm kick-off) at St James’ Park.
Isak went off with a calf issue after scoring the winner in Wednesday’s 1-0 Carabao Cup victory over Manchester City. The striker claimed he was fine after the match but Newcastle head coach Eddie Howe said the Swede would be subject to a late fitness test along with several others, including Callum Wilson.
Isak and Wilson are Newcastle’s joint-top scorers so far this season with four goals each.
Ahead of the Premier League clash against Burnley, Howe said: “Callum we’re going to see [Friday]. Very minor hamstring tightness so he has every chance of being available for the game.